As part of the Australian Consortium for Social and Political Research (ACSPRI) Social Science Methodology Conference 2016, researchers from the VOSON Lab gave the following presentations:
- Robert Ackland gave a plenary presentation on "How is Big Data Changing the Nature and Practice of Social Science?"
- Haris Memic and Robert Ackland co-chaired a session on "Social media, network analysis and big data"
- Haris Memic presented on "Network Analysis of Australian Advocacy Groups on Twitter" (joint with R. Ackland)
- Mahin Raissi presented on "Actual friends on Facebook"
- Tim Graham (University of Queensland) presented on "Analysing the anti-vaccination movement on Facebook: ‘big data’ methods at the intersection of natural language processing and social network analysis" (joint with Naomi Smith and R. Ackland).
- Robert Ackland and Tim Graham ran the workshop: “Collecting and analysing online social network data with SocialMediaLab”
The conference was held from 19-22 of July 2016, at the University of Sydney.