At the RC33 Eighth International Conference on Social Science Methodology (University of Sydney, 9-13 July), Robert Ackland:
- Ran a workshop titled "Social Media Network Analysis with NodeXL and VOSON" (attended by over 15 people).
- Presented a paper Horses for Courses? A Comparative Study of Web Crawlers for the Social Sciences (with Francisca Borquez)
- Chaired a session on Social Media Network Analysis, featuring the following papers:
- Categorizing and measuring social ties (Matti Nelimarkka, with Juuso Karikoski - Helsinki Institute for Information Technology)
- From transaction to meaning: Internet-mediated communication as an object of modelling (Lucy Resnyansky, with Lucia Falzon - Defence Science and Technology Organisation)
- Online advocacy networks, issue mobilisations and the Coal Seam Gas controversy (Declan Kuch, with Asha Titus - University of Newcastle)
- Twitter as a social network medium and a communication network medium - Opportunities, challenges and limitations (Maurice Vergeer - Radboud University Nijmegen)
- Chaired a rountable on Computational Social Science, with the following presenters:
- Mahin Raissi presented on Snowball Sampling in Online Social Networks at RC33 Eighth International Conference on Social Science Methodology.