News 2007- Visiting OII, e-Social Science conference, Assessing the online presence of the nanotechnology industry, and more!
October 2007 - Robert Ackland gave a presentation titled "VOSON: Developing a web service for social science network research" at a forum titled e-Research: Research in the era of Google - Are you Ready?, hosted by the ANU Supercomputer Facility.
October 2007 - Robert Ackland attended the Third International Conference on e-Social Science, Ann Arbor, Michigan, US, and co-authored three refereed papers, which can be found here.
July 2007 - Peter Bailey (CSIRO) presented a refereed paper (co-authored with Robert Ackland and Amanda Spink (QUT)) titled "Characteristics of .au Websites: An Analysis of Large-Scale Web Crawl Data from 2005" at 13th Australasian World Wide Web conference. The paper can be found here.
May 2007 - Rachel Gibson (University of Leicester) and Wainer Lusoli (University of Chester) presented a paper (co-authored with Robert Ackland and Steve Ward (Oxford Internet Institute)) titled "Mapping small things on the Web: Assessing the online presence of the nanotechnology industry" at the Annual Conference of the International Communication Association, San Francisco. The paper can be found here.
March to August 2007 - Robert Ackland was a National Centre for e-Social Science Visiting Fellow and James Martin Visiting Fellow, based at the Oxford Internet Institute. During this period, activities included:
- 28th March 2007 - Presentation at the ESRC e-Society Programme and SAGE Handbook of Online Research Methods Colloquium at the Royal Society in London.
- 28th April 2007 - Presentation at a Chinese Government Forum on the Information Society in Beijing.
- 9th May 2007 - Presentation at the Radical data for radical research: Tracking and tracing workshop at the Royal Statistical Society in London. The workshop was organised jointly by the ESRC e-Society Programme, the ESRC Research Methods Programme and Chimera, University of Essex.
- 1-5 May 2007 - Presentation at the 27th International Sunbelt Social Network Conference in Corfu, Greece.
- 16th May 2007 - Presentation at a staff seminar at the Oxford Internet Institute.
- 1st June 2007 - Presentation at World Wide Science: The Promises, Threats and Realities of e-Research workshop held at the OII.
- 11th July 2007 - Presentation at a staff seminar in the Department of Media and Communication, University of Leicester.
- 19th July 2007 - Presentation at a staff seminar at the Statistical Cybermetrics Research Group, University of Wolverhampton.